iSmite

I was supposed to have a first official date with T today. We'd met Friday after a week or so of emails and text messages -- he came over, picked me up and we went for coffee, had a great time laughing and talking, made plans to go out to a movie today. Turns out though, he wanted to meet me at the theater because he is too lazy to drive ten minutes further to pick me up.

First of all, IF I give you my address, I expect you to use it. Secondly, I am stinking SPECIAL and deserve to be picked up if you want to go out with me. NO DURN way am I getting into another deal where I do all the work. nope nope nope. sorry, not happening.

He called to make arrangements to meet me there.

"What? You're not going to pick me up?"

"Well I'd have to drive past the place, pick you up, and drive back again." The conversation went a little further than that because I thought he was joking. Nope, turns out he was serious. I reluctantly agreed but as I hung up, immediately felt a pang in my chest "You're not important enough to pick up" whispered in my ear. Made me feel like crap.

So, I texted him:

"Oh, hey, sorry I'm going to have to cancel." (basically I don't like feeling that I'm not important enough for you to pick up.) "Thanks for asking though!" (I'm giving you the opportunity to try again if you can MAN it up a bit).

His response "OK". Yeah. MAN FAIL.

I smite.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do