I can taste Summer already




Things are going well--- I finally have something to say and a bit of the apathy has worn off.

In terms of the men in my life, though, not so sure. I've kicked new guy to the curb. We dated for about a month I guess, but he is perpetually broke, and seemed like I was having to drive to him all the time, pay for a few meals here and there just so we could go out. I'm a single mom, geesh, meet me half way or something! Navy guy is around, barely. I like being with him but once a week or less is not going to cut it. I'm going to spend some time again with big truck fix it guy--the one with the beautiful eyes but loves to tell me about brake lines, animal rendering, etc. lol. He's a good guy and I'm looking forward to resuming our summer weekend nights spent listening to outdoor music. We had fun with that last summer.

On the home front, house-wise, things are grapes! My roof got reshingled, I've started painting the house, have someone cleaning, clearing, filling and leveling the back yard-- yay! Accomplishing things that have been on hold forever really makes me feel good about life in general.




Son is back to seeing his father again, which allows me to have a bit of chill time. I'm keeping a close tab on it though, to make sure he isn't being mistreated.

Yesterday was an adventure at the house. We let the dogs out into the back yard after the guys finished for the day and they dogs kept getting out of the gate, over and over. We checked and double checked to make sure the bricks were there holding it shut, but they were still getting out. It was very puzzling but my smart boy figured it out---the OTHER gate was wide open! lol

THEN,
had a scary experience... I'm not fond of birds and one flew in my patio door!!!!!! we (when I say WE I mean my son) trapped it in the kitchen window thingy, while I tried to think of a man to come and rescue me. Turned out, that man was my 11 year old son. My hero! I think the bird was a female cardinal.

Comments

  1. Lucky your son was there, that bird looks like a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, rite????!!!!!! ;p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do