Texting



Yesterday morning, X called Son's cell phone asking him to come over this weekend. Son asked me if he could. I said no, that his dad needed to make arrangements with me first, but as I looked at my boy who was blinking back tears, I almost caved. Later in the day, I explained to him again that he could see his dad whenever his dad asked me.


This morning, his dad texted him:

X:
I miss you
Son: I do too, call mom and tell her you wanna see me this weekend
X: [I'm sure this is your mom] writing this but its your call if you think i am still your dad i hate her
Son: Dad, please just contact mom you dont need to like her
X: U realize she does not want you to see me,... I will not talk to her. If i move away... i wont see u till you are 18,... Soooo sad
Son: No its still you its not hard to call mom and tell her you wanna see me
X: U are missing out on the toys i wanted to buy for you
Son: Objection! Bribery is not nice


I let Son deal with all his texting to his father and later he showed me his phone. I was so proud about how calm he was, how he kept bringing the focus back to his dad, how he didn't let it spoil his day. Smart, brave boy.




Comments

  1. good for you and for him. I know it is hard to stick to your guns, but I am proud of both of you. Hang in there, hon. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a special kid there. Smart and can't be fooled. You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do