lemon-sucky-faced X


Friday night, I had a date for dinner and a movie with an older gentleman (widower). He isn't the big burly type which I prefer, but we had a good time -- stayed out until about two am-ish.

Saturday morning as I was sitting in my driveway defrosting my car, X pulled up looking all lemon-sucky-face asking for son who had spent the night at my brother's. Guess he had just returned from China the night before. So, I went and got son to drop off at his father's.

In the afternoon, I went with my favorite trucker grocery shopping and running errands. I dunno why, but I love being with him. grrrr. He's a big guy; his belly sometimes hangs out from below his shirt; he's all hairy and doesn't brush his teeth but I'm kinda crazy about him. sigh.

Saturday night, I had another date with the widower--- went to watch him "jam" with his band, hang out with his friends, etc. Downside: They all smoke and drink. I don't. Even so, I had a good time.

Sunday morning, I got a text during church from Son asking me to pick him up right away. I called to see what the deal was and apparently his father was carrying on at him, scaring him, etc. Went did that, sorted that out a bit and talked to X.

X is all pissy coz we have a court date tomorrow about back child support which he doesn't think he owes. I pointed out that it was from the time the divorce was final until they caught him to take the money from his paycheck AND that if they hadn't caught him, he still wouldn't be paying. He whined about how it was based on a 2000 a month income which he doesn't make. I replied that he has managed to get his butt back and forth to CHINA three times in TEN months so I didn't want to hear about how he doesn't have enough money....

He threatened to just take off and leave which of course he certainly can do but it IS his son that I'm raising... alone. :((. I don't get to run off and leave my problems behind. No way would I leave my son either.

That put me in tears the rest of the day ( mostly hormones I think). I left son at home for a few, went to Trucker's, (he was sleeping, of course) crawled up against him, cried very very quietly for awhile, eventually wiped my eyes, went home and cleaned house.



Later, I went with him to Wally World for a bit, ran up to Drysdale's to buy him a belt and off to Southern Agriculture to get some cow medicine for one of my dogs who has scratched the skin off his hindquarters. That didn't cheer me up any, but at least I got out of the house.



I'm much better today, thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do