geraniums, bathroom doors, and contentedness


I planted my geraniums. They smell terrible but are pretty flowers.

Everything about divorce recovery says that I should be content to be single before I can get back in a relationship. pffft. dunno about that.

Maybe I will try to think of one good thing about it every day. Here goes:

One good thing about being single is that I am not having to arrange my time around another adult's. I can wake up when I want to, clean house when I feel like it, stop and take a break whenever---there is no one to please but myself.

There, how's that for starters?

My son needed toilet paper just now. When I went to give it to him---his little hand stuck through the door, I remembered when he was a baby. He used to lie outside the bathroom door and stick his baby fingers under it when I was in there. Babies and toddlers really just want to be where mom is or have ready access to her. A locked door is almost intolerable for them. I miss my babies sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do