Free to fly

Yesterday was a great day. Emotionally, I am doing very well.

Now that there is another woman and family in the picture, I feel free to stop being concerned. His health, income, general well being are no longer MY priority. It's up to him to keep himself healthy for his new family, or not. That feels quite liberating. If worry pops into my head, I just tell it -- that is no longer MY business. What a relief!

His Japanese gf contacted me via Facebook and we are now friends. Yes, I know that is a bit unusual, but it's not her fault he has serious issues. It's now the Chinese fiancee's deal. Poor thing, I'm thinking she really has no idea what she is getting into.

I had a very nice date with a different guy friend on Monday--last minute. We enjoyed playing the Wii for a bit and going to see Star Trek. Didn't have much time due to my parental responsibilities but just enough to make up for the rest of the weekend. YaY.

That was another first date, btw. I hope there will be a second, but if not I am quite enjoying the first ones. lol. I have another first one coming up sometime this next weekend. I think I could get used to this.

Meanwhile, the Marine and this last date have become friends and call me almost every day for a nice phone chat. I'm pretty happy to have people to talk to and one can never have too many friends.

Today, I have a doctor's appt. and MAYBE can get to the courthouse to finish the divorce. The lawyer will call me last minute if we can.

It's a good day!

Good thing about being single: I am only responsible for myself and my children. That has cut my worries down ENORMOUSLY! YaY.

Thank you all for caring enough to read my blog. Big virtual hugz to you. smooch.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! You have a load off your shoulders and now you can concentrate on the important things..your children and YOU! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you are feeling better and more free. Sometimes it is hard to give up that responsibility of your ex. When you are married a long time, it is hard to get over that feeling right away. I hope you are happy. Enjoy your dates!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom just told me about the talking to she gave him. I knew KNEW I could count on her to say what we all wanted to say. He just had to act himself long enough for her to lose her cool. I can't believe he took $200 of his daughters graduation money. That's lower than low. I like your 'good things about being single', I think those are great daily reminders for you. Can't wait til you're back to your real name!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do