Blue days and bad novels

I came home today and crashed, planning on sleeping the whole night through and the rest of my life if lucky. Didn't take mother into account. She popped her head in about 9:30 and woke me up. durn.

So, was reluctantly awake visiting with her for the past hour. Unfortunately, topic turned to Ex, marriage, in-laws and I ended up sharing with her my experiences as a new bride in an Asian household living in a foreign land. At the end of our conversation, she shook her head and said, your life is like a bad novel. Gee, thanks mom!

It's been a blue week for me here. I'm hoping I am just hormonal, but have hit some pretty low points. I'm kinda tired of talking about it. Mom was right, it is like a bad novel. :/

Ok, let me think of some good things:

1. the weather is beautiful---warm, sunny and windy. I took one of my classes out to the playground today trying to perk myself up. It is hard to be down when its a gorgeous day and the wind is caressing my hair.

2. My daughter will come and spend the rest of the weekend with me tomorrow. That will help me stay positive. Plus, I love her :)

3. It's the weekend and summer is almost here.

K, that's all I got, but it's a start, right?


Rain, rain on my face
It hasn't stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud

Chorus:

But if I cant swim after forty days
And my mind is crushed by the thrashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me up
Lift me up - when Im falling
Lift me up - Im weak and Im dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again

Downpour on my soul
Splashing in the ocean, Im losing control
Dark sky all around
I cant feel my feet touching the ground

[chorus]

Calm the storms that drench my eyes
Dry the streams still flowing
Cast down all the waves of sin
And guilt that overthrow me

[chorus]

Lift me up - when Im falling
Lift me up - Im weak and Im dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do