It's raining men




Things have been interesting around here. Seems like the man situation is either flood or famine. (sorry about that picture. I just had to. Seems the boys used a "fluffer") lol.

I go out with Widower once a week and talk to him on the phone every night. Navy guy is still around and we have been been hanging out quite a bit, talking on the phone. He even calls ME once in awhile or texts me. Seems that my having dates caused him to take more of an interest in me or at least show it.

I went on a date last nite with a nice man who is a former Pastor. He was very nice and I enjoyed visiting with him---hope he calls back but from experience, I am not going to hold my breath. There are two other guys who I will probably have a date with in the near future, we'll see how that goes.

Truck-Fix-It guy called me to chat the other day but he seems so busy with his children that it's hard to connect with him. That's okay with me though. Army guy called to wish me happy birthday, but I was watching a video with Navy guy so that was awkward.



Meanwhile, yesterday I had an altercation with my 11 year old. I asked him to feed the dogs but he was being ornery and refused to do so until I left for Walmart. It seems important that a child knows how to obey immediately without question, that he understands that HE is not in charge-- so I insisted that he do it right away. Son decided to be stubborn even after I grounded him off his computer for the rest of the day. So I went to confiscate it. That was when he became physical with me, pushing, shoving, biting, hitting, etc. I remained calm but firm--got the computer. However, he kept after me for an hour until I called my brother to come over to help me. Son was full out MAD, angry, lashing out. I could have physically overpowered him (hurt him) until he left me alone, but was concerned with the anger/rage that he was exhibiting so thought maybe I should just be calm, hold him off and let him wear himself out. But he was hurting me and I was getting tired. Frankly, I think if there were a sharp object handy, I might have gotten stabbed; he was that angry and out of control. Brother was taking too long, so I called Navy guy.

Navy guy can be a scary one. Through the sheer volume of his voice and physical presence, he got son off of me and on a chair. In no uncertain terms, he told son that if he ever laid a hand on me again.... blah blah blah. Son shouted back at him briefly and I was so happy that Navy guy has self control and didn't get too close or lay a hand on my son. But it was scary. If son would have gotten out of that chair, I am not sure what would have happened. Glad that I didn't have to find out. (Later, Navy guy called me several times to check on me. That was sweet, huh? Maybe he cares. )

My brother came over, calmed son down and took him to his house for the nite. By the time Son left, he was all happiness and light again. I seriously need to get him some counseling. Down side is that I had just had a reflexology treatment for my neck, so was feeling great. With the physical struggle all that went down the tubes. Thankfully, I have another appt. scheduled next week.

My date--I'll call him Former Pastor -- was talking about his nephew and son... seems that boys can be more challenging to raise than girls. oh swell. My poor baby. Just when having a father is most important, his is gone. :(


Comments

  1. Hope you had a great birthday. Sorry your son is acting out. It is hard. I am glad your guy friends are hanging around and showing you some attention. =) Enjoy it! Happy birthday hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure who needs the counseling. Julie, I'm wasn't there, but there comes a time in a parent/child relationship where you (the parent) needs to back off and let the kid win one for a change. It doesn't matter what the child is "charged with" unless it is close to murder. 11 is about the right age. My parents time came when I "acted out" ( modern term) and I was to be punished. back then it was called a spanking. I refused to "assume the position" and my Mother backed off. Big day in both of our lives (specially hers so she told me later). Hang in there my favorite ( and only) blogger. BTW Easter is coming soon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I understand, Rowley. I Like Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do