I signed the paperwork today

Last night, I went to my second meeting of Divorce care. It was good and I didn't feel quite as unnerved. We even had a little get to know u icebreaker that allowed some of us to meet and mingle. That was nice. Even so, I still felt a little fragile afterwords.

Today, I went to the lawyer in order to the papers that will be sent to him to sign and return to the lawyer. That brought a few tears on right there in the lawyer's office. It was really sad that my last twenty years could be ended with a signature. Still feeling vulnerable and teary, I stopped by to pick up my son from my daughter's workplace. There, I ran into the owner of the store who is also my friend. When I told her what I had just finished doing, she proceeded to admonish me saying I needed to see the pastor first, discuss this with him and hopefully save my marriage.

Although I appreciate her concern, I am quite annoyed. I ended up giving her more information than I wanted to share in order to convince her of my legitimate need to divorce. It took tears, anecdotes, etc.

Why do I feel forced to justify myself? Why do I feel like I have to tell all the things I have endured just to confirm that I deserve to get another chance at life? It sux.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do