I can do stuffz

Look what I brought to the curb, even with a walker!
Dragging the dumpster with one hand, holding on to my walker for support with the other wasn't particularly pleasant, but not impossible---which actually is a pretty accurate description of my life lately. Hold on a second while I repeat that to myself: *My life isn't pleasant lately, but it's not impossible.**** (Yes, I know. It brings to mind that "all things are possible for those who believe" and in God all things ARE possible).


I've been feeling that this summer has been the worst. Last summer, I got shot! That actually was the easy part. Even the hospital, in hindsight, feels like it was the easy part. Anyhooooo, covered in blankets, sleeping days away due to medication and feeling pain/paralysis/spasticity creeping up is not my fav way to spend my days. I am looking forward to school starting back up!


All of that gloom and doom can take over if left unchecked. Then, there are evenings when I go outside just before dark, just like tonight, when the wind is blowing, rain is in the air, a storm is coming and with it a gentle breeze of optimism. (Reminds me of Genesis 1:2-3) Things can be okay. Things will be okay. There is a hope and a plan for my future. All things ARE possible.


Actually Genesis 1:2-4 is possibly my FAVORITE scripture so I have to spell it out if only for myself: "The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.…" I think there is a whole sermon right there! *ppsssst-- earth = broken life ...God brings light to our darkness...etc*


Anyway back to my main point --- see picture below and "Look what I can do!" (kicking my legs out to one side, temporarily defying gravity). Ten points if you can identify where that quote came from!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do