Did I Mention that Life is Unpredictable?

So much has happened, that I cannot even put here.  So I'm going to avoid one huge annoying aggravating situation that won't go away.   Instead, let me fast forward a bit.  I got shot in the back with a shotgun during a robbery in front of my home last year.  Almost exactly one year ago.   I now carry 9 pieces of lead buckshot in my upper back which hurts, nerve pain, and partial paralysis which actually has its own name:  Brown Sequard Syndrome.   Annoying is what I call it.

Doctors refuse to remove the buckshot (I've talked to 3-4 different ones so far).

I can't list all the things I've lost anywhere else, but you don't mind if I do right?  Well it's my blog post, so I will attempt to:

  • I can't sleep on my side or pretty much any position other than my back 
  • which means I cannot snuggle or sleep in my husband's arms.  
  • Due to that and his own disabilities, sex is not possible or anything resembling it really. 
  •  In fact, sleeping in my own bed is also not happening.  
  • It's too small for comfort now and difficult to get in and out of comfortably.  
  • SO, I've been on the couch/recliner for pretty much a year now.  
  • cooking, cleaning, yard work, grocery shopping, 
  • Due to nerve pain, cold weather or the slightest draft can be very troublesome. 
OH HEX. I don't want to list anymore.  I cannot spend that much time on all the things I have lost. Instead, I will get on with what I really wanted to say in my next post.

 Meanwhile, I am generally optimistic and do my best to keep moving.  In fact I'm planning a trip to overseas next summer. By myself--disabled or whatever I am.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do