Friends don't let Friends Text Drunk

About a week or so after my last post, the funniest most aggravating thing happened to show me that LIFE reads my blog and loves to yank my chain whenever possible. This has occurred several times and I'm starting to get paranoid! lol.

As you know, Fred and I are no longer an item but occasionally, he would come to see me. We'd hang out, enjoy each other's company for a few hours, then I'd hug him, smooch him, and wave goodbye. I was okay with that because I really like Fred and enjoy his company. What I have never enjoyed was the drama that he'd instigate via text messages. It seems that he was always making up and breaking up with me via text. sux.

SO, as I said, a week after my last post, I got a series of text messages from Fred proclaiming his lust along with his desire to "belong to me forever". I was mostly worried and amused. As far as I knew, Fred wasn't a drinker and those texts sounded drunk. AND he was. He called and sounded a bit tipsy but proclaimed his long-term intentions for our relationship. Due to his obvious inebriation, I took it all with a bucket of salt but as I said, I do like Fred. At one point in our relationship, I did have hopes that we would marry etc.

So, mostly amused, I waited until the next day, then texted him:

"Hey there, how ya doin?"

"I'm doing fine, but thinking I might have said too much"

"I bet."

After this, he basically backpaddled.

My response: " Friends don't let friends text drunk. :p "

That was the last thing I said to Fred before getting PISSED OFF. I deserve better than to be yanked around, never asked for promises, just accepted seeing him when he showed up. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't want anyone to treat his wife (deceased) or daughter that way if they were in my shoes. So I've decided to never answer another text from that man EVER and will not speak to him again unless he happens to show up on my doorstep.

Since that time, he has sent me two texts--one a day or so after the event, and one this morning both ignored.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do