Let it go Let it GO

That's what I keep repeating to myself. I have this horrible way of holding on to things that were never meant for me, trying to force my life into what I want it to be, cram it into a groove where it doesn't fit ---- especially in terms of relationships.

I haven't heard from or contacted Navy since before New Years. "Let it go, Let HIM go...." I keep repeating that to myself. His health is not my responsibility. His life is not joined to mine. He is not mine. I wish he was. He's not. Why is it so hard to let go of nothing?

My marriage was not meant to be; he didn't want to be mine, didn't want ME. I grabbed hold and didn't let go for 20 years. At least I know it can be done---the letting go part, I mean. I did that.

Fred finally texted me last night. We exchanged a few texts. I LET HIM go. I think he wanted me to cry, to plead, to beg him to stay, to show through my tears how much he means to me. No way. I like him but I am not going to feed into that emotional manipulation--- that cry-for-me -so-I-feel-better crap. NOT going to do it. Plus, this is not the first time he has done that. It's easier for me to let him go than it is for me to let Navy go. Very odd considering Fred was so much more emotionally open and nurturing toward me. I guess I never trusted him when it came down to it.

Now, I am poised again to resume dating. Starting with a dinner date tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. Good luck, my dear friend. I hope that 2011 is a great year for you and that you find someone wonderful that will love you for you and treat you like a queen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tamra, I hope that love flies to you soon also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do