brief showers

Navy and I were eating lunch before he went to work today. The topic of childbirth came up and he was talking about the birth of his children etc. It was very nice to hear him talk about it but suddenly, I got all choked up.

It struck me that all the shared experiences of 20 years---20 years of my life that I spent married to my X, all of it is all gone. After having gone through all that including pregnancy and childbirth, it SUX that my partner is no longer part of my life. It's not supposed to be that way. I told him so.

He didn't laugh or get mad, looked to me like his eyes were a bit watery too. He kept telling me about his experience and we finished our lunch.

Now, don't go thinking ooohooo that's depression. No, it's not. That is called grief. The main difference is that grief sneaks up on ya, a sudden burst of emotion, then it goes away until next time.

I've had both now and I can tell the difference.

Comments

  1. yup that prolly does suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, pretty much. Just the fact that those memories were with him and now he isn't there. Not sure what the point of remembering is now. It's like another world, another life. Someday, I hope to start a new life with another man but unfortunately all the things of youth can't be relived I guess. smooch ya, sexy Sage-licious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do