This is a special year

Yesterday afternoon, I took Navy to work and picked him up at 3:30 this morning. His car's AC is broken and windows won't roll down; he's on 3 new medicines for his diabetes and his back still hurts. Even though I spent most of the weekend brooding and annoyed when it comes down to it, I consider him my family--and family helps family. Those couple days away allowed me to just enjoy his company to and from his work, laughing and joking with him.

My kicked to the curb new guy, R, is now helping me fix things around the house. I decided that rather than give my money to some contractor I might as well help R out, pay him, etc. He has quite a background in construction and knows something about everything. That's great for me. So today he painted for 2 hours with my company and limited assistance. It was actually great to see him and we laughed and joked sooooo much. What a great way to spend my money---with a guy whose company I enjoy. ( New guy M may not make the cut.... stay tuned).

I then realized something: I have laughed more this past year than I have laughed in the last twenty years. Today, I was freely laughing, happy, funny, enjoying my life and enjoying the company -- Navy's and R's . Yes, I have cried so many tears, but the laughter is probably worth every one of the tears. Please remind me of this next time I want to quit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do