like water off a duck's back

Yesterday was a difficult day. In addition to feeling bad because X trashed me to my children, accusing me of all kinds of stuff and threatening to get me fired from my job, a couple students trashed me in a video on facebook. That was just the icing on the cake. Thankfully, my friend at work was there to talk me thru some of my issue. She's the best.

Somewhere in the middle of all that, Son came to my classroom crying and upset because he had lost another baby tooth, making it three in the past week or so. Hard to say what he was really upset about, but he said his mouth felt weird.

Saturday night after I had sent Son to spend the night with his father, I realized I hadn't thought it thru. I could tell by what Daughter said that he was in a bitchy mood and mad at me again---for what reason, I dunno. So I knew that Son was likely to be verbally and emotionally abused by his dad--who specialized in late evening incidents of abuse during our marriage and has done so to Son since the divorce. Thinking about all that, I proceeded to start working myself up to a hysterical episode when BF used his manly gonna beat ur butt voice and told me to "quit it!!!" a couple times, which I immediately obeyed. lol. I love that guy. He is so cool.

Okay, so I have made a new resolution. I am not going to let whatever X is doing get me down. I am going to stop asking questions about him to the kids. I have to go back to waiting for x to make arrangements to see his Son rather than expect everything to be done for him. Especially since he has a tendency to emotionally abuse the boy. Just gonna let things go over my head and roll off my back. woot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do