fishy burps

I know it's been a few days since my last post. I've been stopping by, but just haven't had anything super interesting to say.

This past weekend was a repeat of the previous---Son and BF had a great time Saturday night playing Wii, trash talking each other, pizza, pop, etc. They really seemed to enjoy each other's company. Pretty much the three of us spent the weekend together. Guess that is the way it's going to be now that X is out of the picture for an indefinite time. BF's Harley is in the garage, his out-of-commission jeep is in my driveway where he has been working on it, and when he is not working, he is here with his Jimmy in the driveway. I enjoy every bit of time I have with him, hopefully, he feels the same way. I have to think he does since he spends so much time here with us.

Daughter asked me where her dad was, said she hasn't been able to contact him on his cell phone. I had to tell her the truth: that he might be in CO, or TX or in China getting married. If she wants to know more, she needs to call his mother. Daughter was very sad to think her father didn't say goodbye to her or let her know he was going OR that he may be getting married or is married already. Poor baby. Son hasn't asked about him a bit. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, frankly. I do know that he is having so much fun with BF that it helps distract him.
Daughter seemed happy to hear that BF is so kind to Son. She stopped by the house and even spared a smile and greeting for BF which was a relief.

I'm a bit confused about the BF biz. I have never been in this situation, don't know how to handle it. This is a full grown man I am dealing with here, not that boy I married twenty years ago yesterday. Yeah, yesterday was my anniversary. Or maybe I should call it my UNanniversary. Or would that be the day the divorce was final? I have to say, I was feeling pretty blue a few days ago--just thinking about the wasted years, stupid choices made, the abuse tolerated and trying to figure out how I ended up being a victim. Other than that, I am feeling fine. Yesterday, I wasn't upset either, so that is good.

So anyhoo, I've been seeing BF for almost two months now. Things have progressed so quickly, it's a bit of a blur. CONS: health issues, picky eater, religious differences, work hours, sleep habits. PROS: Caring toward my son, good with my dogs, concerned about my feelings and welfare, patient, strong, protective, hard worker, good provider, good father to his sons, likes me lots :)
All this is so hard. Is it always this hard? derrrr.

Regarding my health, doc said I need to take 4000 mg of fish oil a day. gah. Last time I tried to take fish oil pills, I burped like a sea otter with indigestion. After three months, I go back in for more blood work.

Okay, that's all for now folks.

Comments

  1. Well...he sounds like a great bf....certainly more PROS than CONS!!! I am very happy for you! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a winner my dear. Do you like him? Suggestion: Do not dwell on your "mistakes" from the past. They are past not a damn thing you can do about them.
    Suggested Fish Oil solution: Buy a giant size bottle of Listerine mouthwash (Cool Mint). You don't want to drive off BF. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do