smashed


It was pouring rain most of the day yesterday. I love the rain--especially if I can stay home and relax. Alas, that was not the case yesterday. There was several inches on the road last night as I was driving my daughter to work then myself home. When I got there, I decided to open the trunk to take my vacuum cleaner out, place my purse there, get the mail, then come back for my purse/keys. Unfortunately, I grabbed my purse and left my keys in the trunk as I shut it. Whoops!

So, there we were. Standing in the driveway without a house key, car key or cell phone in the pouring rain. Pondering my few options, none of them seemed viable.

Next to my door is a narrow window that has been cracked for years (pictured above). X never got around to fixing it. SO, I took the shovel and smashed it all. Then, reached in and unlocked my door. Son was astounded. lol. I figure it will force me to replace that window ASAP.

I did try to board it up but couldn't do it properly. Guess I am not as strong as I used to be so was only able to get one nail driven in. Felt sorry for myself a bit, then went to bed.

My sweetie came over after work this morning (5 am) and he is sleeping at my house to keep an eye on it while I am working today. He said he'd help me fix it this weekend. YaY.

TGIF. sigh.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do