Taking back my name

I'm taking my maiden name back. I was telling this to my mom when my ten-yr-old piped up and said I should, that he wouldn't mind. Wow, I didn't expect that but he is sure. What a boy!

I always liked my maiden name, so if I have to be single for any period of time I'd rather have that than a constant reminder of what I no longer have--truly a new beginning.

All day, my insides have felt quivery, as if I were holding on by a thread. I took a four hour nap, so maybe that is better now. When opening my email today, sure enough there was another email from that daily divorce thingamajiggy---right on track, pinning down the emotion that I have been dealing with the last couple of days: rejection.

This is not the same as losing a spouse to death; it's worse. I'm going to be okay. Accepting myself, allowing myself to feel every fleeting emotion, taking time to grieve: ultimately it comes down to God and me. I need to get things right for me. My anonymous friend was absolutely correct. She's a keeper!

Comments

  1. I was divorced 2 years ago. I feel your pain....still. It will get easier with time, but the rejection is hard to get past. I found your blog because I too have decided to take back my maiden name. I wish I done it sooner. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Empty Arms

Keystone Cops R US

X's birthday, X in law birthdays... what should I do